Saturday, September 19, 2009

Wedding Weekend: Saturday

I was too excited to sleep on our wedding day. I woke up at 4 AM. Our hair appointment at the Cutting Edge Hair Salon in Carrollton wasn't until 6:15 AM. My mom, bridesmaids, and I got our hair done and were out the door by 8:30 AM. It had started raining again.

I got to the Bingham House first. Everyone else was close behind me. The flowers from Rain Florist Designs were out on the tables. They looked great. After we changed, we took a few pictures. We were out on the balcony in the front of the house. People driving by were whistling at us. The groomsmen got their pictures taken too, but I heard it took a while to get their act together. One of them went out to get something to eat. Grumble, grumble...

The ceremony was very sweet. We had to walk through the rain to get there. But it was worth it to see David's smiling face. My mom cried. When we were done we kind of huddled in the corner. Then took off to the front of the house to take more pictures. I just wanted to get to the food and water part. I think I was getting a little snippy at the photographer. David and I took some pictures alone while people watched our slide show and had appetizers.

We made our grand entrance to the reception to "Welcome to the Jungle" by Guns 'N Roses. I forgot we were supposed to go right into the first dance. So we went around and hugged like 3 tables of people until they got us out on the dance floor. Our song was "All I Want is You" by U2. Then it was food time! The meatballs were so good. All the other food was great too, but the meatballs were amazing! After the father/daughter dance and mother/son dance, we did the cake and toasts. Ebi's was a very sweet spin on one of my favorite camp songs, "Dreams". David's best man, John Carpenter, did one too.

Then it was time to get your boogie on! The Limbo Contest is always a big Anderson tradition. My cousin, Stacey Malaret, always wins. She has a 5 wedding record. But in a shocking twist, David's cousin's husband, Tim Wong, won. The DJ played the "Cupid Shuffle." My mom jumped in after watching Dorian for a few minutes.

Then is was time for our getaway. It was still raining! So the horse and carriage was out. We got to take a ride in the antique car, Pearl. It was a 1944 Plymouth. Our remaining guest lined up on either side of us and threw dried lavender. That stuff smells great, but is a pain to get off. Then it was off to the after party.

More pictures are on Facebook.

No comments: