Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 3: River of Love

Monday we drove to Fort Collins to go whitewater rafting. We were on the Cache La Poudre River. There were Class II, III, and IV rapids. I was afraid I would fall out of the boat, but after a few minutes on the river I knew I wouldn't. We were in a raft with the manager of the shop, Joe. He knew tricks in the river others didn't. There was also a family from Lawrence, Kansas with us. They were very nice. There was one point in the trip where I fell into the boat for no reason. That was kinda fun. In a place on the river called, Cardiac Corner, a woman lost her paddle. We all stopped and looked at her and our guide shouted, "Paddle! What are you doing?!" We all laughed because we weren't expecting that. There was a point in the river where we could get out and swim. I jumped into the water and floated down the river. It was fun. I didn't want the trip to end. I would love to do it again. We ate dinner in Fort Collins. When we got home we made Jiffy Pop over the campfire.
Cheese!

Going down a Class III rapid.


Entry sign to our campground.


Big Thompson River.


The view on the side of Highway 34.


Basking in the sun.


My little Fit on the side of the road.

No comments: