Monday, August 18, 2008

Day 2: High Blown' Wind

We slept in as much as we could. There was a construction site near our campsite. They started working as early as they could. David and I wandered around our campground a little. We went up a short trail to the base of McGregor Mountain. It was right above our campsite. I could really tell the air was thinner. It was hard for me to breathe (or I am just really out of shape.) We drove in to Loveland to go to the Camp Coleman outlet. It was a nice drive next to the Big Thompson River. We collected some firewood. I was sure we were going to be arrested or fined for taking someone's wood. We ate lunch in Loveland and drove back. We stopped at a flea market store with a sign out front that says it sold "stuff and things" there. I bought a little wooden boat. We took a nap when we got back to the camp site. We cooked steak over the fire that night. I made ice cream with my camping ice cream ball. It was good, but it took a lot of shaking! It was a nice relaxing day over all. Right after we cleaned up dinner, it started to rain again. We got in the tent right before the clouds opened up. It rained, thundered, and lightninged. The wind shook the tent. But, we were warm and cozy. David beat me in chess.
A stowaway in my fog light.

David's a lumberjack.


Sharpening his weapon.


Us at our campsite.


Our cute little tents.


McGregor Mountain.


Some other mountain. This was the view from the other direction of our campsite.


Us on the McGregor Trail.


Our campsite from the trail.

No comments: