Sunday, July 22, 2007

Week Long Training

Well, I asked for it. I wanted to do some extra training at work. So, I got a week of it. I took the Lifeguard Instructor class. It was 9 hours a day for 4 days. I had to teach 3 lessons and pass the lifeguarding test all over again. It was nice to spend some time in the pool while working though. I got a little bit of a tan because I lathered up with sunscreen before I got in. I passed the written test with 100%. Would you expect any less? Now I am certified to teach Lifeguarding, First Aid, and CPR/AED. I was told I could also teach Pet First Aid or Baby Sitting, too. Saturday, I went to a 7 1/2 hour class on games and summer camp energizers. It was run by some guys called the Physicians of Phun. It was really entertaining and informative. But, I realized, again, that I am old. I twisted my ankle during a game of Steal the Bacon. Other than 1 guy, everyone else in the class was 7 or 18. It will be nice to get back to normal days and the rec center. I hope I didn't speak too soon...

No comments: