Monday, July 30, 2007

Still Good The 7th Time Around

I worked so much this weekend! I worked 13 hours at a swim meet on Friday, 11 hours at the rec center on Saturday, and 8 1/2 hours on Sunday. So, my reward was going to see the Reel Big Fish Sunday night at the Palladium in Dallas. The Palladium is the old Gilley's on Lamar Street. I don't know if you would call that the West End or not. It's kind of out of the way. But it was nice inside. They had video monitors so people in the back could see. And there was even a bathroom attendant! When we walked in, they gave us ID bracelets with our names on them so we could drink. They swiped our licenses and they printed out. I have never seen that before. We sat through 2 bands I really didn't want to see: Streetlight Manifesto and Against All Authority. It was a year to the date that I saw them last time. But this time, I didn't have to go alone! David was as tired as I was. But he stuck it out until they started the encore. We left during "Sell Out." It was interesting to see what songs they cut out of the set for the new ones. Since I have seen them 7 times, I have the set list memorized. It was good fun, but I think I may skip the next one if it is not on a weekend.

No comments: