Sunday, April 30, 2006

Mayhem in the AM Reunion

Oh boy! I wish I had pictures for this one. Of all the people in the all the world to hear from again, I heard from Doug Dukelow. He is my old radio partner from when KCWU was KCAT. We met during my first week of college and started our show, Mayhem in the AM, soon after that. The show lasted 2 years. There hasn't been a show like ours since. We were on teh air 15 hours week and did like 4 hours of office time a week. That is a lot of work to not get paid.

I really thought I wouldln't talk to him again because his email address stopped working. But out of the blue, he emailed me and told me he was going to be in Dallas for 3 days! So, last Friday, I drove downtown to see him. He looks great! He is a lawyer in the San Franciso area and gets to travel for his work. He is still with his girlfriend from college, Dawn. She was so nice. He was telling me about doing testimony preservation for dying clients. It all sounds very interesting. We went to the Corner Bakery in the West End and had a little snack. I wish we could have spent more time together. Next time he comes, I really want to take him to the Cosmic Cafe. He is a reformed vegetarian, but it's nice to go back to your roots every once in a while.

No comments: