Monday, December 13, 2010

The Passing of Scully

Yesterday at midnight, I had to put Scully down.  She has had medical problems for a while now and it was time.  It was very sad, but I know it was the right thing to do.

I bought Scully from the Ellensburg Pet Store in October 1999.  I was living by myself at college and it was getting lonely.  So, when I saw her in the window and her pretty color, I had to have her.  It probably wasn't the best decision for her.  Since I was in college, I moved her around lot which really stressed her out.  That might have been when her aggression problems started.  In 2002, I moved her to Texas.  She was diagnosed with obesity and put on a strict diet.  I think her eating disorder lead to all the medical problems later in life.  In 2009 she was diagnosed with kidney failure.  On December 11th, she was having breathing problems so I brought her to the Denton Animal ER.  The vet said she had fluid between her lungs and her body wall.  She gave me the options but putting her down seemed like the best one.  I signed the order at midnight on December 12th.  David and I held her little paw when the vet injected her.  We buried her in the back yard.

Even though Scully had a lot of faults, she was a great cat.  She was my first cat and the first pet of my own.  I will miss her everyday. 


Special Agent Dana Scully July 1st, 1999 - December 12th, 2010


No comments: