Thursday, March 18, 2010

St. Paddy's with the Reverend

My favorite band hit Dallas again! We went to Trees in Deep Ellum to see the Reverend Horton Heat play on St. Patrick's Day. I usually don't like going out on weekdays but it was a free show. So how could we not? It was fun, but I really wasn't interested in seeing any opening bands. We got there way early because of that fact it was free. The Reverend didn't even go on until 11:30 PM. I knew I was going to be in trouble the next day. But I remembered to wear earplugs so, I got that going for me.  The last drummer, Scott Churilla, showed up and played a few songs like one of my favorites, "Big Little Baby."  I saw him at the bar and I knew he looked familiar, but I couldn't place him.  I missed my chance to talk to him.  :(


Lee Harvey Oswald posters in Zini's Pizza.

The Trees Sign.

Trees Stage.

David waiting for the show to start.

A Dallas Observer guy took our picture.

A tree in Trees.

He busted out the green flame jacket.

Rockabilly's finest.

They are the baddest of the bad.

When I had to move back.  Too much moshing.


Scott playing drums.

Still rockin'.

No comments: