Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Farewell Carpenter!

After 8 years, it is time to move on from Carpenter. I transferred to the aquatics department of the Tom Muehlenbeck Center on 3/29/10. My fav coworkers threw me a party at the Texas Roadhouse in The Colony. The service of the Texas Roadhouse sucked and they ended up giving us all coupons for free meals. But that doesn’t matter to me. I had a great time hanging out with my work fam one more time. John Finley made me a “1st Aid Kit” full of stuff to remind me of Carpenter: English Muffins, crosswords, peanut butter, and toothpaste. And a nugget of poop for something to look forward to at the pool. Just kidding, it was Baby Ruth. Yummy!

I am very sad to leave. I always said that just seeing Jodi and Sandy was the best part of my day. John’s little songs, like “We’re having a heat wave” and “…Walked into Carpenter and lost my mind” still play in my head. I will miss Patrick spending a whole day throwing a racquetball through the hole in the wall. Thursdays won’t be the same without Super, Steve, and Bryan. And, more than I care to admit, Cindy taught me everything I know about Plano (well, almost). I feel like my friends there have been through so much with me. They helped me up when I have been beaten down, laughed with me, and celebrated milestones with me. Even if we lose touch somehow, I will never forget you all.

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. ~Dr. Seuss

Steve and Bryan make my Thursdays pervy.

Table Uno!

Table 2.

Cindy & Jon.

John's 1st Aid Kit.

Crosswords!

Peanut Butter for my sandwhich.

Toothbrush and tootpaste, in case I forget.

Poop!

Yummy!

The Crew.

Gotta love them!

Sandy says, "Deuces!"

I made a crossword as a farewell gift.  This is the easy one.

This one is harder.  It included everyone I have worked with at Carpenter except for one person.  Who is it?



No comments: