Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Muehlenbeck Rec

I wish I would have checked my camera batteries before I left this morning! Jodi, Coffy, and I joined some other Plano Recreation people on a tour of the new Tom Muehlenbeck Recreation Center. It is still being built, so we had to wear hard hats. The work is going fast and they think they will be done by this summer. It was a great looking building. The cardio and weight room is going to be double ours at Carpenter Park. The track winds around the whole building and has nice outside views. There is an indoor and outdoor pool. In the indoor leisure pool there will be a lazy river and 2 water slides. The outdoor pool looks like it will be so fun for the kidos. I am concerned about the size of the Art Room and the fact that there will be carpet in the Game Room. Talk about a mess! And the pool house outside won't be air conditioned. I don't know how that is going to fly in the Texas summer heat. I can't wait to work out there though.

Steve McGuill got promoted to be the Center Supervisor over there. I am very happy for him. He will do a great job, but Carpenter Park Recreation Center will miss him!

No comments: