Thursday, July 27, 2006

RBF was A-W-E-S-O-M-E!

Last night was the concert of the century for me. MxPx and Reel Big Fish played at the Curtain Club in Deep Ellum. Deep Ellum is a seedy place, but it was a Wednesday night and the doors opened at 5 PM, so I wasn't worried about going by myself. There were 5 bands playing, it was an all ages show, and I only wanted to see 2 bands. So, in rock math, I estimated if I got there at 8 PM, I would be okay. Well, I didn't' factor in a wreck on 75, so I got there at 8:30 PM. I only got to see the last 20 minutes of Reel Big Fish. They were still great though. This is the 5th time I have seen them. I found a spot on the top level, but I too short to see over most people. I caught a few glimpses of my main man, Aaron, then they were gone. He was wearing a white short sleeve shirt and a red tie. He is so gorgeous! Anyway, you know it's over when they play "Sell Out." In between bands, I bought the new RBF double CD/DVD, Our Live Album Is Better Than Your Live Album. Turns out they all autographed the inside. Priceless! The Curtain Club does not have air conditioning. So by this time, I was sweating worse than a softball game. I got another beer and waited for MxPx, who came out the the theme to Kill Bill. They rocked and took requests in the middle of the set. They did a cover of The Proclaimers "I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles)." MxPx is the most inspirational band in my life right now. "Tomorrow's Another Day" was probably the best one they played. I am so glad I got to see them again. When they closed they said, "next time bring your friends." They are talking to you!

No comments: