Thursday, February 10, 2011

My Knee Surgery

I really tried to avoid it, but it finally happened.  I had to have a scope on my left knee.  The doctor had been telling me that it might be PVNS.  That is condition where there is an abnormality in the lining of one of the joint similar to a tumor.  How to get rid of that is to cut open the skin and muscles and "scoop" it out.  So, I was really nervous.  Plus, this is the first real surgery I have ever had.

To add to the stress, the weather was horrible.  There was ice and snow everywhere.  I thought it was going to get canceled.  I went in at noon for a 1 PM surgery.  Because of the weather, I didn't get seen until 6 PM.  It wouldn't have been so bad, except I was so thirsty!

Turns out it was only chronic inflammation and cartilage damage.  After knowing what it could have been I was so happy I could have danced a jig.  But I will be on crutches for 2 weeks and then physical therapy after that.  Tommie and David will be taking care of me for the next few days.  Thanks!


All meals served to me at the table.  :)

Hop-A-Long.

Coleman was one of my nurses.

No comments: