Friday, April 24, 2009

Nerd Quest 2008 - 2009

It is finally finished! I watched every single episode of the 9 seasons of the X-Files. Plus, the 2 movies. I started watching on July 1st, 2008 and finished on April 18th, 2009. This isn't my first Nerd Quest. I did the same for the Halloween Movies (skip #3 if you ever try that).

When I heard they were coming out with a new X-Files movies last summer, I thought, "Who remembers any of that stuff?" So I vowed to watch it all to make sure my memory was up to speed before I watched the new movie. I had no idea it would take that long! There were so many little things I forgot, like Mulder likes to eat sunflower seeds, Scully had a dog name Quequeg, or how hot Alex Krycek was. There were so many celebrity appearances like Ryan Reynolds, Jack Black, Giovanni Ribisi, Michael McKean and Dabney Coleman. Cary Elwes was even a regular or that last two seasons. The best episode was one where Peter Boyle was a reluctant physic. I think there was an Emmy won for that one. I think David got into it too around season 3, but after the 1st movie he lost interest again.

The X-Files was my favorite show when it was on. I watched every episode. I even named my cat Special Agent Dana Scully. When I didn't have a TV, my mom would tape it and send it to me. In college, Andy Stefik and I would have a standing date on Sunday nights. We would play Goldeneye on Nintendo 64, then watch the X-Files with the lights off. It was nice to have a friend that would get as irritated as me when people, would talk during the show. Ahh, the good old days... When it went off the air in 2002 I didn't know what to do with myself. I haven't found a show to get into until LOST came on in 2004. The funny thing is that there are a lot of people from LOST who did cameos on The X-Files. Maybe it's fate...

No comments: