Friday, July 18, 2008

4th of July Florida Trip

I am really behind on this post!

For the 4th of July, David and I went to my parent's house in Florida. We left very early on the 4th. I slept the whole way there thankfully. We went to go see a movie after lunch. We saw The Happening. I was so disappointed. It was horrible and that is coming from someone who loves M. Night Shaymalan more than anyone. We went to the dog track that night to bet on the puppies. I won $13.80 on one dog. But I had to spend $20 on losers before I won that. That's okay, it's Dad's money. Teehee.

Saturday, we went to the Okefenokee Swamp in Georgia. David wanted to be chased by an alligator. We got there early for the 1st ride of the day. While we were waiting, someone saw an alligator in the water across from where we were sitting. So, David goes up the edge of the water and sticks his hand in to get it to come closer. My mom and I almost had a heart attack. That was the closest he got to being chased. The boat tour was nice. Our guide was a 7th generation swamp native. There was one point of the trip where we stopped on a peat bog and he got out of the boat with an alligator not more than 10 yards from him! What a nut. The water was black and once the alligators go under there is no way to see them. We saw more alligators than I had ever seen in one place. I even saw one jump out of the water like a dolphin. My mom and I went eaten alive by yellow flies. My legs still itch!

Sunday, we went to my Aunt Nancy's house in St. Augustine. It's a great house. Too bad they are moving again soon. My Aunt Susie and cousin Stacey were there too. Stacey brought her new babies, Brandon and Madison. They are so cute! We swam in the pool and hung out.

Monday, we saw another movie, Indiana Jones, and went home. Then it was back to the grind. I am so glad I got a few days off.



David and I with my parents.


Baby Brandon.


Aunt Susie, Aunt Nancy, Brandon, and Stacey.

My dad can't get in the tiny pink inner tube.

He made it. Now he's cool.



David and I in Aunt Nancy's pool.

Dad and his great niece, Madison.

The baby borrower.

David, me, Madison, and Mom.

I'll take this one home. Thank you very much.

Okefenokee swamp lily pads.

Some swamp areas are called prairies.


The guide outside the boat.


David being eaten by an alligator head.

David and I in the boat.

Oh, black water, keep on rolling.


More signs in the Okefenokee.


"Can you see me?" says the alligator.


More pretty lily pads.


The alligator David called over.


"No food here. I'm outtie."


Dad and Mom ready for a swamp adventure.

No comments: