Sunday, May 04, 2008

Happy XLth B-day John!

John Finley turned 60 yesterday! We celebrated with a toga party at his house. I research on the Internet how to make one. I had never been to a toga party. We got fabric at Jo-Ann Fabrics because I read not to use a sheet. We found Marine fabric, so we went with it. It wasn't too hard to make, but it required a lot of safety pins and that got frustrating. There was a lot of good food at John's house and a very frozen ice cream cake. WE watched 2 movies, "animal House," the inspiration movie, and "Hollywood Knights." Unfortunately it was too cold to go in his pool. And after putting all those safety pins in my clothes there was no way I was going to undress. The party turned sour for us when I had to go to the bathroom. I popped 2 safety pins. I was wearing clothes underneath, but it was still a little embarrassing. How will her top himself next year?

Link to How to Make A Toga Sites:

How To Make A Toga by Ron Turner
Lorraine Smith's How To Make A Toga




David was just going along with my shenanigans.

Me and the Caesar.

David won Best Male Toga...


...but not Most Photogenic.


David, Linda, and Steve.

No comments: