Sunday, December 02, 2007

My Letter to the CRGSC

December 2, 2007




Girl Scouts - Columbia River Council, Inc.
Attn: Camp Arrowhead Support
9620 SW Barbur Boulevard
Portland, OR 97219

To Whom It May Concern:

I am writing this letter in support of the best resident camp in the world, Camp Arrowhead in Stevenson, Washington.

Camp Arrowhead kept me going in Girl Scouting when troops in my neighborhood broke up. I entered Camp Arrowhead in the summer 1991. Through the next 10 years, I defined camper progression. I was a camper in Cheesiah, Platter Pilot, C.I.T., Assistant Unit Leader, Unit Leader, and Central Staff. All the experiences there shaped my life and career. A majority of the friends I met there are still close to me, even though I live over 2,000 miles away. Programs and activities done at this camp helped me develop leadership qualities and boost my self-confidence. The rustic nature of the camp also helped me overcome fears and kept me physically fit. It has a natural charm.

My motto has always been, “Camp is my life!” After getting my B.S. in Leisure Services from Central Washington University in 2000, I went on to assist in directing day camps for Evergreen Academy in Bothell, Washington and the City of Plano, Texas. I am currently the Recreation Coordinator for Youth and Adult Programs at Carpenter Park Recreation Center in Plano. I also volunteer with the Girl Scouts of Northeast Texas.

Please reconsider selling this camp. It is a great asset to the council. There is no other camp like it in your council. I hope this donation will help in the restoration of the camp. Thank you.

Sincerely,



Sara Anderson
a.k.a. Inch Worm

No comments: