Sunday, June 03, 2007

Race for the Cure 2007

Yesterday was the North Texas Race for Cure. I decided I wanted some company this year, so I formed a team of City of Plano employees and a few recreation center patrons. The team name was the Plano Cure-saders. There was 30 who signed up. Three ladies were survivors. Aubrie and I designed some t-shirts and Artistic Textile Designs made them for $5 each. We met at Carpenter Park and caravaned over to EDS. Mary brought her dog, Zeke. He is the best dog I've ever met. He's so friendly! They change the route this year so it would start and end at EDS. The course was 5K, which is 3.1 miles. I thought we were going to get rained out to start with. But it held off and it was only about 65 - 70 degrees. We got a team picture taken before the race started. Hopefully that will be up on the Internet soon. They didn't update the site yet. I paid for the chip timing again this year, but I forgot to pick up the chip before the race. They weren't embedded in the bibs like they were last year. I timed it with my watch and I finished in 33 minutes ad 20 seconds. That is another record for me. David tried to hold on with me as much as he could, but he slowed down after 1 mile. He finished in 47 minutes. That is really good, considering he has taken a few years off of working out. I am so proud of him! We had to split pretty quickly after the race so I could get to work. But thank you to everyone who came out and donated to the cause. I appreciate you!


Mingling before the race.

Extreme closeup of Stephanie!

What a good dog!

Almost time to start.

David and I before the race.

No comments: