Saturday, March 31, 2007

5 Ks

Last night it poured down rain. There was lots of scary thunder and lightning too. So, I thought this morning's MS Walk wasn't going to happen. But when I work up, it was beautiful out. It was about 50 degrees and sunny. Aubrie was supposed to come over around 7 AM, but on the way here she was hit by an uninsured motorist. Lame! So, she couldn't come. I went solo. But the met up with my team, Plano Pflamingos Lending Support (PPLS), in Addison Circle Park. It made of Plano librarians and one lady from police records. I didn't realize that this 5k was not really a race like the Race for the Cure. There was a competitive run before the walk started. But this is actually a walk. I ran anyway; I'm a rule breaker. In about 5 minutes I was leading the pack. I wasn't sure where to go because there wasn't much signage. We ran down Arapaho Road, over the bridge, and back. I actually couldn't find the finish line or I would have finished faster. I finished in 35 minutes and 41 seconds. That is about the time I finished for last year's Race for the Cure. Thank you to Dad, Jay Armstrong, and Jenelle Braun-Monegan who helped me raise $100. I got a shirt for it.

This year's Race for the Cure is just around the corner. Like I said last year, I started a City of Plano team. We are called the Plano Cure-saders. You can sign up or donate money at Sara's Race for the Cure Page. My old friend, Colin Walker (Texas Ranger) has already donated $50. What a guy! See you there!


MS Walk team uniform

No comments: