Sunday, October 22, 2006

The Best State Fair in Our State

Friday, David and I had a great day planned. We went to breakfast at Poor Richard's Cafe in East Plano. Then we went and did some engine part shopping. I mostly just took a nap, but it was still fun. Then we went to the State Fair of Texas. I had been once before, but it was so crowded that it wasn't any fun. This time, we almost snuck in because we weren't paying attention and got in the wrong line. But since we are honest people, we went back out and bought a ticket. People told me the car show was the best part of the fair. So, we checked that out first. I think David popped every hood there. I got to sit in a $72,000 Corvette. Then we went on the Ferris Wheel. It is the largest amusement ride in the western hemisphere. It is 212 feet high. There was a great view of downtown Dallas. I didn't take any pictures of that because there was a metal mesh in the way. After that, we ate a Fried Coke. It was interesting, I guess you could say. It was like little doughnuts in Coke with whipped cream on the top. Then we walked around some more and saw some animals. There was this pig with the biggest balls I had ever seen. I couldn't stop laughing. I had to walk away so I wouldn't embarrass David too much. We went and watched the Swan Boats on the pond. As soon as we sat down by the pond a turtle came over to us and was staring as us. So we fed him a granola bar. He was so cute and really big. We caught the end of the bird show and left. On the way home we stopped at this drive-in restaurant where you eat in your car. It was so fun!


Riding the "Farris" Wheel.

Our turtle eating the granola bar.

No comments: