Monday, June 05, 2006

Race For The Cure 2006

This year I really wanted to beat my time. So I actually trained for the Race. I ran 3.5 miles once or twice a week for about month before. Then I found out that 5 K was actually 3.11 miles. Which made me feel really good. Because I had no idea how I was going beat last year's time of 40 minutes and 17 seconds. Stephanie, Dorian, and I were going to race with the Starbuck's team, but Stephanie got sick and Dorian didn't sign up in time. So we raced as individuals. Right when the race started, Dorian took off. I thought I was never going to catch him! I got stuck behind some slow people. But I made it to the first mile sign in 10 minutes. I caught up with Dorian at what I thought was mile 2, but it wasn't. Then we passed each other for a while and I lost track of him again. Around mile 2 1/2, I passed a funk band playing "Work It" by The Gap Band. I almost started laughing. At mile 3, I thought I was going to pass out, but I remembered I forgot to write my emergency info on the back of my number, so that wasn't a good idea. I t was like 80 degrees out! I finally hit the finish line at 35 minutes and 27 seconds. World record for me! Next year, I am going to try to start a City of Plano team.


 Posted by Picasa

No comments: